Who I'll be seeing at Bestival 2016

Can you believe it, Bestival 2016 is only 3 weeks away! Bestival is one of those places you have to experience, I guarantee you'll fall in love. Situated in my hometown of the Isle of Wight, of course I will be attending. Every year the lineup is cram packed full of old and new talent, which means you find yourself constantly entertained. This year I thought I would share a little playlist with you containing the acts I'm more than likely going to be watching this year. 

I think there is pretty much someone for everyone in this playlist.  So to start and possibly my most exciting one, it's only Sean Paul! Yep you heard that right, the dance legend is headlining and I am definitely ready to get it on 'til the early morn'. 

I'm very excited to be seeing Major Lazer, I saw them at Bestival a few years ago and I have never seen a crowd so big get so wild - absolutely incredible experience. Two artists I'm really hoping will bring in a rowdy crowd are Girli and one of the best men in musical history Mr David Rodigan.

With grime music currently booming, Bestival have gathered the best of the best to represent the face of the rapidly growing genre. My faves playing the bill are Krept & Konan, Kano, Skepta and the girl taking over Lady Leshurr. 

Chart topping Bastille will be performing for the second time. I've seen these so many times now and they do not disappoint, I look forward to hearing their new music this time around. Keeping on the chart music theme - Anne-Marie,  MØ, VANT and Frances have taken a dip into the charts and lead a very exciting music career ahead of them. 

Another up and coming band, Pretty Vicious are performing and I have to say, I'm not a huge fan but I can't let my friends go alone can I?!

Lets not forget my current favourite band - Spring King. If you haven't heard their album yet I'm not sure we can be friends, I love love love love them so much! 

Lauran Hibberd, you most likely haven't heard of her, she's a local girl and definitely heading for the stars. I unfortunately missed her at IOW Fest and since then she's been around the UK performing at the coolest festivals. If you're attending, go and show her some love. 

And of course it's not all about the music, I shall be watching my childhood legends The Chuckle Brothers. This will be the second time I will be seeing them and let me just tell you, they're just as hilarious as on TV and they really know how to work a crowd. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram