The Fault in Our Stars | BOOK REVIEW

Now I know this book is old news but I thought since everyone's been talking about it for ages, it was time to read it for myself before the film came out. I know the films already out now but I'm useless and forgot to post the review after I read it back in May! (I know - worst blogger ever.) 

Anyway, just a quick review because I don't want to bore you with a book you've probably already read. 

I'm going to be honest and say that I thought a lot of it was really predictable and to start with I found it to be very cringe worthy. I found myself saying 'as if' a lot of the time. Maybe its just me but I felt a bit like I was reading a 15 year old girls imagination? Not all the time may I add. 
This book actually took me a few weeks to read; I found myself uninterested throughout the first two thirds of the book. Having said that! I really did enjoy the last 100 pages or so, literally, I ended up reading the end all in one night because I was hooked. Maybe it just wasn't my sort of book? 

I don't want to ruin it for anyone who hasn't read it yet so I won't say anything. But the end definitely makes up for the rest, so if you're in the same position as I was - FINISH IT. It's worth it. 

Anyway, that's all I'm going to say about this book because I'm sure we're all getting tired of hearing about it now! 
Please recommend me some books to read! 

Abigale xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram