Tips For Saving Money | For Shopaholics Like Me

So I thought I would write a quick post on how to try and save money for people like me who just think f*ck it when buying something. I seem to do this far too much and hence why my bank balance is never very high.

Here are a few tips that help me to save money (although I will admit and do still find it hard).

1 - Write down a list of things you have to pay for each month 
Obviously put the amount and a total but because I know how much these all are I don't bother. This allows you to know exactly how much you need to have in the bank. 

2 - Write a shopping list of things you need
I find this the best way to stop me from buying random things I don't need. So what I do is, for example, if I want some more fake tan I will write it on my list and leave it for a week, If I'm still thinking about it I will go and get it, but if I have forgotten about it I will take it off my list because I'm obviously not desperate for it so I usually wait until it goes on sale somewhere. 

3 - Can I buy it cheaper elsewhere?
I'm a real bargin hunter, so if I'm buying something that is quite a high price I like to look around (usually online) and try and find it cheaper elsewhere. There is always somewhere cheaper that is selling whatever it is I want, that's what I think anyway. I'm not going to go into on because I think that's a whole different blog post. Let me know if you want to see a bargin hunt post. 

4 - Pre-drinking 
I'm at the age where I like to go out and party and drink alcohol, but the thing that always gets me is how much I spend on a night out, admittedly I do like to buy all my friends drinks. Recently I have found that if you can drink before you go out, you end up spending less money because essentially all you are doing then is just topping up. Recently I saw that Tesco had a big offer on spirits so I took full advantage and bought 2 x 1 litre bottles of Malibu because they were so cheap and I know that they will last me few nights out. 

5 - Budget yourself 
Allow yourself a certain amount of money to spend each week or month. I've found this a great way to make sure I have money leftover at the end of the month. Take into account birthdays and things you might have coming up in that month because you can't expect yourself to have no life. 

6 - Take money out of the bank and hide it somewhere 
My big problem is when I have money in the bank I spend a lot of time looking for bargins online and then I end up buying things because they are so good. Now what I do is once I have worked out how much I need in the bank I take out some that I have leftover and I leave it in a safe place. This prevents me from buying pointlessly and at least I have the money for emergancies. I understand not everyone will feel safe with money lying around so putting it in another bank is great too, although sadly doesn't work for me. It has to be out of sight, out of mind, for me anyway.

So that's my tips for saving money, sorry it was a long one, I think I talk way too much! 

Have you got any tips that will help me out?

Thanks

Abigale xo  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram